Catering Loaders - Aer Lingus (Fixed-term, Full Time Contract)
Minimum 37.5 hours per week
Applications are currently being invited for several Catering Loader positions in the Catering section of Aer Lingus based at Dublin Airport. These roles are fixed-term contracts and are available from June 2023.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the Catering Loader is a key role in our operation and is responsible for the timely and correct dispatch of goods to Aer Lingus and other flights ex Dublin.
The work is physically demanding and involves working as part of a team to meet deadlines and adhering to strict health, safety and security standards. These positions are shift positions requiring employees to work a wide range of shift duties in a 24 hour, 7– day week operation including weekends and bank holidays.
· Committed to working a range of shift duties in a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation including weekends and bank holidays
· Liaise with Dispatch area and Transport office on any catering queries
· Respond to and organise call backs for increases or missing items
· Complete and sign Security Declarations as well as Check Sheets for each flight, ensuring all components of flight are correct
· Ensure all In-Flight equipment are serviceable on leaving the Catering Unit
· Ensuring the Department remains compliant with Health & Safety, Safe Work Procedures, Food Safety and Security Procedures
· Maintain required standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in the area
To be considered for the position of Catering Loader Team Member, candidates must meet the following:
Your qualifications & key criteria:
· Sound, broad based knowledge of the overall Catering operation
· Current full clean C driving licence and be CPC compliant.
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
· Eligible to live and work in the EU
· Current unrestricted worldwide passport
· In possession of OR be able to obtain an airside pass
Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
. Good communication skills – both spoken and written
. The ability to prioritise and deal with various issues simultaneously
. Proven ability to work on own initiative coupled with the capability to work as part of a team
. Demonstrable ability to react positively to pressure and consistently meet deadlines
. Flexible and self-motivated
. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
. Excellent performance, attendance and time keeping
· Experience driving airside.
· Current full clean category C driving license. *If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
· Previous Catering experience desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract
€19.03 per hour
Contract length: 09 months